WELCOME......

Thank you for taking the time to stop by. My prayer is that you will be encouraged to continue to press towards your destiny, and that you will be as blessed by reading this blog, as I am blessed by your visit. Don't forget to become a member and post your comments. They are 'food' to all those who read them....especially me. Stay Blessed!



Denise Searles ( Lady Dee)

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Moving Forward.....


Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things that are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Phillipians 3:13-14

I've tried it my way...and failed. I've pressed towards things and trappings of success. I've gone the route of education. I've pursued the "American Dream" and found it to be a reoccurring nightmare. I've done what was expected of me...other's expectations...my expectations...and come up short.

Now in 2011...I've been given another chance to do it God's way. To press towards his mark, his high calling (purpose) for my life, to take the road less travelled- the one that seeks him first-to pursue his dream for me, to do what he expects of me. For then and only then, will my soul find the rest it seeks.

As I told you in 2010, I still plan on dying empty. That fact that I'm still here, and so are you, is confirmation that he's not finished with us yet.

Here's to a new day...a new year...2011...expect the great and keep moving forward.

2 comments:

Lady Dee said...

To my "followers' thanks for hanging in there with me this past year. Your encouragement has meant more than words can express. Be Blessed...

Daliah said...

God, forgive Us all for doing things our way and then when we make a mess of things come to You for help or for You to fix it. Teach us to trust and rely and depend on you in all areas of our lives bc you will make all things NEW. Thank You Lord