WELCOME......

Thank you for taking the time to stop by. My prayer is that you will be encouraged to continue to press towards your destiny, and that you will be as blessed by reading this blog, as I am blessed by your visit. Don't forget to become a member and post your comments. They are 'food' to all those who read them....especially me. Stay Blessed!



Denise Searles ( Lady Dee)

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Who am I ?



With all the information that is constantly bombarding our senses, and the carefully aimed darts that the enemy fires at our minds, not to mention our own fickle emotions, at times we need to ask and answer the question:
Who am I?


In determining who I am, I must be cognizant of who I am not.

Who I am not:

I am not my ethnicity or race
I am not my sex
I am not my size or weight
I am not my socioeconomic status
I am not my education and degrees
I am not my job title
I am not my church title
I am not a democratic or a republican
I am not what my family or friends say I am.....
I am not a mistake
I am not an accident


I am who God says I am!

God says:

I am fearfully and wonderfully made- Psalms 139:14
I am the head and not the tail, first and not the last- Matthew 19:30
I am blessed when I go out and when I come in- Deuteronomy 28:6
I am blessed in the city and in the field- Deuteronomy 28:3
I am the seed of Abraham and heir to the promise - Galatians 3:29
I am a joint heir with Christ Jesus -Galatians 4:7
I am more than a conqueror - Romans 8:35-39
I have favor with God and man- I Samuel 2:26
I am a lender and not a borrower -Deuteronomy 15:6- read 'amplified'
I can do all things through Christ -Philippians 4:13
I am the righteousness of God- II Corinthians 5:21
God has a good plan for my life- Jeremiah 29:11

...and that only scratches the surface of the good things that God says about us!

In the face of what our senses receive, why not replace those thoughts and begin to confess (say aloud) the things that God says about us?

What is your confession? I shared part of mine...post a comment and share yours....continue to be blessed as you pursue the purpose and promise of God for your life.

5 comments:

Lady Dee said...

..I am what God says I am!!!

Unknown said...

I recently cut out my relaxer. I could not be happier about my decision. I have received various comments about it, some good some not so good. The one thing that plays back in my mind, especially in the beginning when my fro was 1/2" long, is I AM NOT MY HAIR.

Thank you Lord for creating me in your image!

Daliah said...

I think about all the fearfull moments that I have had and God always reminds me of his word to bring me over and thru

I am not afraid......

Cushan said...

I am happy with my life.
I am confident.
I am loved.
I am not alone.

Nikki said...

I was made because of love, I am saved by Love , and I am kept by love. I am Gods Love Child.