WELCOME......

Thank you for taking the time to stop by. My prayer is that you will be encouraged to continue to press towards your destiny, and that you will be as blessed by reading this blog, as I am blessed by your visit. Don't forget to become a member and post your comments. They are 'food' to all those who read them....especially me. Stay Blessed!



Denise Searles ( Lady Dee)

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Daddy......


Sunrise: Feb 4, 1925
Sunset: May 27, 2011

I SEE YOU-6/4/2011 Denise Hamilton-Searles (copyright applied for)

I See You….
Walking swiftly, weight upon your head, sweat upon your brow, smile upon your face….

Cutting bush with cutlass in hand motions deft and swift…
Mixing, pouring, setting cement.....working on our home…
Planting, reaping, grinding corn….
Beating conch, cleaning fish, grating sweet potatoes -bread for us to make.

Down Old Lorimers Road, with buckets of mangoes sweet laden down, you pass my window by
I see you….Money in my hand for I leave for church…you would follow later


I Hear You….
Footsteps entering as in you came…..I dare not look around
You‘re singing Savior Pass Me Not…Oh How I miss that sound….
I hear you say; “Is this my baby?”, when I phone – and I say, “Yes it’s Dee”…


I Feel You…
Work worn hands…rough and large
Meeting out punishment and pain, but love the same….
I Feel You……The safety that your presence brings…the peace---the calm security-


I See You! ……..not as of late ……..But-
Tall! Proud! Strong! Brave! Free.….

See me …..
See me tall, proud, strong, brave….free
Proud to bear your name….see me Dad....it’s Dee…
Forever Donald’s Gal!

3 comments:

Lady Dee said...

No....I haven't cried my last tear...., but I do know "It's gonna be alright!" RIP Daddy....we love you, but Jesus loves you best....

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Dee, it bring tears to my eyes.....yes, there will be many more tears, but continue to let your Dad sees you tall, proud, strong and free! Looking around the world today, I realized just how well our parents has prepared us for this life....let's continue to make them proud of us.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to have heard about your father, you have my condolences. Continue to treasure those wonderful memories you have of him.
Be bless and continue to trust in God for all things.
You have my love and prayers,
Sis. Mary