WELCOME......

Thank you for taking the time to stop by. My prayer is that you will be encouraged to continue to press towards your destiny, and that you will be as blessed by reading this blog, as I am blessed by your visit. Don't forget to become a member and post your comments. They are 'food' to all those who read them....especially me. Stay Blessed!



Denise Searles ( Lady Dee)

Monday, August 23, 2010

No Weights......Desperately Seeking Peace.




In a time when many are searching for meaning and purpose in life...it appears that instead of lightening our loads, we are adding more to our plates on a daily basis--and we wonder why we're so tired.

While the sister in the picture is building up physical strength by lifting weights, our spiritual growth is accelerated as we lay aside weights. As she lifts the 'bar bells' and her biceps after feeling the strain of pain and as the weight is increased, so her muscles respond in strength and in size. As we lay aside weight, we will also experience pain (as we let go of people, places, and things)as our spiritual muscles are flexed, and they too expand in size.

What Weights ????

Worry: So do not worry, saying, What shall we eat, or What shall we drink or What shall we wear? Matthew 6:31.

Stress: And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:16.

Fear: God has not given us the spirit of fear! For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and self-discipline. II Timothy 1:7.

Doubt: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me Philippians 4:13...Greater is He who is in you than he that is in the world. I John 4:4.

Discouragement: But David encouraged (found strength) himself in the Lord his God. I Samuel 30:6.

I know when we hear that scripture (Let us lay aside every weight and the sin that does so easily beset us ( Hebrews 12:1)..we usually think of fornication, adultery...etc. But the things listed above are ...SIN!

We can also allow others to dump weights (gossip,confusion, gripes, and complaints...) on us. Refuse to be a dumpster for others' trash. Don't be a landfill...be a reservoir!

My Motto: No weights- I refuse to carry my own problems...my Daddy's got that!

Any weights you need to lay aside????

1 comment:

Cushan said...

I've got to lay aside the burden and stress of occupation. God will supply what I need to gain occupational freedom. In do time he will provide all that I long for and if he doesn't it wasn't for me anyway.